Seeking facts and recovery stories
of a non-religious nature. Please
click contact to submit contributions.
1. a stage in a sequence of events at which the trend of all future events, esp. for better or for worse, is determined; turning point.
2. a condition of instability or danger, as in social, economic, political, or international affairs, leading to a decisive change.
3. a dramatic emotional or circumstantial upheaval in a person's life.
4. Medicine/Medical. a. the point in the course of a serious disease at which a decisive change occurs, leading either to recovery or to death.
b. the change itself.
5. the point in a play or story at which hostile elements are most tensely opposed to each other.
These nouns denote a critical point or state of affairs: a military
crisis; government policy at the crossroad; had predicted the health-care
exigency; a problem that is coming to a head; negotiations that had
reached a crucial juncture; things rapidly coming to a desperate pass.
(in't?r-ven') in·ter·vened, in·ter·ven·ing,
oneself in a situation so as to alter or hinder an action or development:
© 2009 John William Cornett